What stage are you at?
At Lea Stening Health we recognise that making changes does take time and that it is not possible to lose weight or to get fitter in just one consultation. However making the decision to try may just take that one consultation to kick-start the process. Therefore we have recently altered our programs to suit the “stages of behaviour change” model.
- Pre-contemplation: “Just looking” » Go to Step 1
- Contemplation: Gathering facts can help you decide what to prioritise » Go to Step 1
- Action: You want to shift 5+ kilograms of weight, get help with medical problems; children or sports nutrition issues then Step 2 – The Inspiration Series is for you and if you want to learn more then you can also go onto the Lifestyle and Energy for Life later on.
- Maintenance: Once you have learnt about the changes that you need to make it is important to prevent relapse.
For information about these services please read on.
How it works
Step 1: A “one off” general guidance session
Your initial appointment is a ‘one off’ consultation over the phone or via Skype and can be treated as an introduction followed up with a nutritional assessment and report. This session will provide you with general information, nutrition tips and guidelines to give you a better understanding of your current situation and how we can help you. But it will not give you a specific “diet” as such.
This initial session plus assessment and report is $125 (incl. GST) and will cover:
- Body composition: Find out your weight, height, body mass index and % body fat.
- Family & past medical history: We will discuss any risk factors and help you to determine a realistic goal for weight gain or loss.
- Medications: We will take these into consideration when making recommendations.
- Health Problems: We will provide you with information about any dietary related condition that you may have e.g. elevated cholesterol, diabetes, gout, allergies and intolerance etc.
- General nutrition guidelines: You can sign up for some nutrition tips and we will send you out some forms to complete and some general nutrition information to get you started.
- A Nutritional Assessment: A 7-day food record is undertaken via email which you return for analysis. This will clearly show any nutrient deficiencies, energy shortfalls and patterns of behaviour that may be at the heart of your nutritional problems. Visit nutritional assessment section if you would like to learn more
- Report: A report summarizing these things will be sent to you.
- Newsletter access: You can also receive free monthly emailed newsletters offering recipes and new dietary information.
Step 2: Action – The Inspiration Series
The Inspiration Series is $295 (incl. GST) and includes the following four appointments:
As above however the assessment report is discussed online or over the phone (see appt#2)
A 30min session going through the results of your Nutritional Assessment on line. You will also receive a personalised folder of information and menu plan.
A 15min session to assess your progress. You will also receive information on food portioning.
A 15min session outlining the commercial implications of label reading.
Step 3: Maintenance
Our nutrition knowledge is constantly changing and it is important to us that you keep your “nutritional investment” with us up-to-date. For this reason we offer ongoing FREE support in the following ways:
- A library services for local patients
- Our LeaStening.com website and continually updated nutrition articles
- Monthly emailed eNewsletters
- A Question/Answer service
- We can also liaise with your GP and other health professionals or coaches regarding your progress if necessary.
Other services are also available to support you:
- Supermarket tour – If living in Christchurch get a group together and spend an hour learning how to save money and improve health shopping Groups of 10: $200
- Repeat nutritional assessments and reports 6 monthly to check progress: $100
Package One: ‘The Inspiration Series’
This package covers four appointments (appointments #1, #2, #3 and #4 above), nutritional assessment, a folder of information, menu plans, and much more. This popular package is $295.
Together we will have found out:
- More about the actual foods you eat, your meal pattern during the week and weekends, the times you eat meals and snacks and identified any nutrient deficiencies
- We will understand more about your social and family life and congenital issues
- We will have discussed any hormonal, medical and behavioural issues
- Built a rapport and perhaps met family members
- Helped you to build a strong base of nutritional knowledge
- Provided a flexible system of eating that works internationally and takes into account your level of activity.
- Corrected any nutrition myths you may have & identified any personal barriers to change
We can work entirely over Skype or telephone, but you will still need to make an appointment.
Note: You must complete the Inspiration series before going onto the others.
Package Two: ‘The Lifestyle Series’
This package applies all that has been taught to actual daily life. The order of topics is according to your needs and covers:
- Body composition: How to stop making and storing fat.
- Exercise and sports nutrition: What to eat and drink before, during and after sport
- Goals and saboteurs: What stops you from achieving your goals?
- Dining out and alcohol: How does your behaviour and food choices change socially?
- Takeaways and quick meals: What are the healthiest takeaways and snacks?
This series encompasses five informative sessions spread out over 10 weeks, with email monitoring of your progress and food diaries in between. The Lifestyle Series is $245.
Package Three: ‘Energy for Life’
This package builds on earlier sessions to develop strategies for long-term health when coping with environmental change. It covers topics such as:
- Weekend eating: How do your actions and food choices change on days off?
- Workplace eating: What influence does work have over when and what you eat?
- Travel and first aid nutrition: How can you stay on track when your environment changes?
- Menu planning: How can you vary your eating so as not to get bored?
- Mental health issues: What influence do emotions such as stress, anger, conflict, and loneliness etc. have on your eating?
This series encompasses five informative sessions spread out over 10 weeks, with email monitoring of your progress and food diaries inbetween.The ‘Energy for Life’ package is $245.
NOTE: The order of topics covered can vary according to your needs, you may be heading overseas and need to learn about travel or sport earlier than listed above for example.
Join us now!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment now.