Welcome to the Lea Stening Health Website (“Site”). Access to this Site is subject to the following conditions. By using the Site, you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions and to indemnify Lea Stening Health against any claims by third parties arising from your violation of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to any of the conditions, please discontinue your access.
The information contained in this website and related products and emails is for informational and educational purposes only. It intended to provide general advice relating to achieving a healthy diet and weight management. It is not an attempt by the writers or publisher to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent disease, nor should it be construed to be such. Visitors and readers are hereby encouraged to consult with a licensed health care professional concerning the information presented, which has been received from sources deemed reliable, but no guarantees, expressed or implied, can be made regarding the accuracy of the information or any results that may arise.
All matters regarding physical health should be referred to a qualified health-care professional and a health-care professional should be consulted before beginning any fitness or nutrition program. Lea Stening Health and its staff are not a medical organisation, qualified medical practitioners and do not claim any responsibility for the information presented within this site and related products and information nor any medical conditions that a reader may have.
All readers assume full responsibility for their own health, well-being and nutrition and are highly encouraged to do their own reading and research in this area.
Usage of website content
Copyright ©2011, Lea Stening Health PO Box 29273, Fendalton, Christchurch (“Lea Stening Health”). This Copyright notice, unless otherwise noted, applies to all proprietary pages, product names, design, images, photographs, videos, text, words or phrases, and other material (“Content”) available throughout the Site as trademarks, service marks, trade names or other property of Lea Stening Health. All other unregistered and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
When Content of the Site is downloaded to your computer, you do not obtain any ownership in such Content. Modification of the Content or use of the Content for any other purpose, including, but not limited to, print of any Content or publication on any other website or networked computer environment, is strictly prohibited unless authorised in written by Lea Stening Health.
Without notice changes, movements, or deletions are made to the Content contained of the Site. Lea Stening Health assumes no responsibility for and disclaims all liability for any errors or omissions on the Site or in related websites, which may be discovered through this Site. The Site contains links to other web sites. Lea Stening Health is not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed in such websites, and such websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness. The inclusion of any linked websites on the Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked content by Lea Stening Health. If you decide to leave our Site or access third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
In general, you must exercise judgement and responsibility with respect to your use of our Site. You may only access the Site for lawful, personal and non-commercial use provided that you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, frame, upload to a third-party, post, transmit or distribute the Site except as authorised in writing by Lea Stening Health. You may not use the Site to harm others. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not:
- Use the Site in violation of any law or regulation governing Lea Stening Health’s business or activities, including without limitation the laws and regulations governing unfair competition, false advertising, consumer protection, obscenity, spamming, and privacy.
- Use the Site in a manner that presents a security risk or that may interfere with the operation of the Site.
- Use the Site in a manner that infringes another’s copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade secrets, or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity.
- Use the Site to engage in libel, defamation, harassment, misappropriation of trade secrets, intentional misrepresentation or fraud, or wrongful publication of private information.
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic, profane material, hate speech, or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- Introduce viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or other computer programming routines that damage, interfere with, intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Use the Site to gain illegal or unauthorised access to other computers or networks through hacking or other means.
- Assist or permit any person to engage in any of the activities described above.
If you decide to become a forum user of our Site, you agree to provide us with true, accurate and complete information about yourself, and to maintain and promptly update your user information to keep it accurate. Without limiting any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, if you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such is the case, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your user account and refuse any and all current or future use of our Site. You agree not to assign, transfer or sub-license your rights as a forum user of this Site.
All Forum communications are public and not private communications. Lea Stening Health may from time to time monitor, review, and in its discretion edit or delete, discussions, chats, and postings on our Site; however, Lea Stening Health is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such transmissions or for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, hate speech, danger, illegality or inaccuracy contained in any information transmitted to any such locations on our Site. Lea Stening Health will cooperate with law enforcement or a court order requesting or directing Lea Stening Health to disclose the identity of anyone posting any information or material prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. Lea Stening Health may also disclose such information if such disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Lea Stening Health, its clients, or the public.
You agree not to use the Site to do, or attempt to do, any of the following:
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content or other materials that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, religiously, sexually or otherwise objectionable;
- Harm, wrongly influence or threaten children in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a consultant, centre leader, program director, employee, or representative of Lea Stening Health, our Affiliates or any other person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent an affiliation with us or any other person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any posting or other materials transmitted to, on or through the Site;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the forum (or other portion of the Site) are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to use the forum;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, terms, conditions or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, any law and/or regulations having the force of law;
- “Stalk” or otherwise harass another user of the Site or employee of Lea Stening Health or any of our Affiliates; or
- Collect or store personal data or attempt to collect or store personal data about other users of the Site.
Comments, Feedback, and other Submissions
When, at our request, on your own behalf or by use of our Site you disclose, submit, or offer any information, photos, videos, text, graphics, questions, creative suggestions, messages, comments, feedback, ideas, recipes, notes, articles, stories and other material (“Comments”) about yourself or your weight loss on or by this Site these Comments will remain Lea Stening Health’s property. Such disclosure, submission, or offer of any Comments shall constitute an assignment to Lea Stening Health of all worldwide rights, titles, and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual property in the Comments. Thus, Lea Stening Health will own exclusively all such rights, title, and interest and shall not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise, of any Comments. Lea Stening Health is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to user any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any Comments.
You agree that Lea Stening Health may use and/or disclose information about your demographics and use of the Site in any manner that does not reveal your identity. By participating in Site contests, promotions, and/or requesting promotional information or product updates, you agree that Lea Stening Health may use your information for marketing and promotional purposes.
You confirm that you are at least 18 years of age or have permission of your legal guardian at the time of submitting your Comments. You warrant that the materials & details you submit are true and correct, you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Comments including without limitation, all the right necessary for you to disclose, submit or offer to us; any third-party holder of any rights, has validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to disclose, submit, or offer any Comments. You further warrant that each person depicted in any form in your Comments has consented to the use of such. You may not upload Comments or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, or any other form of commercial solicitation or promotion.
You understand that Lea Stening Health may at its discretion confirm that the details that you submit match its records of your participation on the program. You warrant that your materials relate entirely to your weight loss experience with Lea Stening Health and not any other weight loss method or program.
Hard- and Software requirements
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, BY YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THAT YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ALL SERVICING OR REPAIRS OF ANY EQUIPMENT YOU USE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OUR SITE, AND THAT LEA STENING HEALTH SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Lea Stening Health or any of its affiliates, or the officers, directors, employees, shareholders, or agents of each of them, be liable for any damages of any kind, including without limitation any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this Internet site.
Descriptions of, or references to, products or publications not owned by Lea Stening Health or its affiliates do not imply endorsement of that product or publication. Lea Stening Health makes no warranty of any kind with respect to such products or publications or the completeness or accuracy of such information.
This Site is available internationally and may contain references to products or services not available in all countries. Reference to a particular product or service does not imply Lea Stening Health intends to make such products or services available in all countries. This Site was developed in Sydney, Australia in accordance with, and use of this site shall be governed by, the laws of NSW, Australia.
Lea Stening Health’s Communications to You
You agree that Lea Stening Health may send electronic mail to you for the purpose of advising you of changes or additions to the Site, about any of Lea Stening Health ‘s products or services, or for such other purpose(s) as Lea Stening Health deems appropriate.
By providing your contact details online you agree to communication from Lea Stening Health for marketing purposes.
We may change, move, or delete portions of, or may add to, the Site from time to time and without notice. Your use of the Site following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the terms as changed.
If any provision of this agreement shall be found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
A failure on the part of Lea Stening Health to enforce any part of this agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any of Lea Stening Health ‘s rights under this agreement, whether for past or future actions on the part of any person. Only a specific written waiver signed by an authorised representative of Lea Stening Health shall have legal effect.
You understand that by using the Site, you are subject to the Terms and Conditions outlined above. You accept to be bound by all Terms and Conditions.
If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions, YOU MAY NOT use the Site.